Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yes, I'm still Knitting

So I haven't blogged lately about any of my knitting projects, seems as if I never have quite enough time to share all my crafting stories with you. I found some time this beautiful Sunday to take some pictures of my recent finished and current WIPS!

First finished item is my Summer Flies, this shawl was so satisfying to knit because it was super quick...only 3days of knitting! The yarn from The Fibre Company The Fibre Company is "A"mazing, I loved every knitting minute of it and will be stock piling more of this in the future.

Shawl

Next up is the Wisp, what can I say about this pattern I just love it I think this is the only pattern that I can say I've knit multiple times. It's a simple pattern that creates a timeless scarf/cowl. I love the sparkle in this yarn!

Wisp

My Grandma has requested a neck warmie...so the easy knitted neck scarf is the result from that request. This took me forever to finish, I think I started this right before my sewing purchase so this kinda took a back burner. But I remembered when I picked it back up why I loved it so, this cascade epiphany yarn is just beautiful to knit with I mean 60% Alpaca/20% Silk/20% Cashmere what could be any better?

Neck Warmie

I think with the thought that cooler weather is soon to come it was time to cast on for something comfy & cozy. So I was at knitting knit on Friday and picked up some new yarn Cascade eco-cloud, needles and the pattern kouyou and I was off. I don't know if there is a pattern with the yarn purchases lately, but I'm loving the alpca/wool blends. Let me tell you this yarn does not disappoint the chain ply is so cool and the softness/squish factor is to die for! I've made it thur the SS repeats and working on the lace repeats now...this will hopefully be finished within the week.

Comfy Cozy Shawl

Well that's about all I have for now, I've been knitting away and planning for the new projects. Now I just need the weather to work with me and start cooling off. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Happy Creations!


4 comments:

Theresa said...

Those are some beautiful knitting!!!! You have been very busy~~

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've been hearing good things about the Fibre Company yarn - I need to try some. Beautiful projects! I can't believe you knit a shawl in three days!!!

Did you go up a needle size or stay the same with your Eco Cloud project?

JelliDonut said...

Your Summer Flies is gorgeous!

Michele said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely projects! They are beautiful :-)