Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Confession Time, "oh yes I did"

So I wanted to share a finished item, remember the Ava Tie top dress? Well, here is the finished dress. I'm so excited about this dress and I see many many more in my future. As a matter of fact, I've almost finished the matching one for the recipients little sister.

Now onto the confession, so when I took the lesson I was surrounded by beautiful machines and well I may have took one home with me. ;0) So I'm now in the process of making a spot in my house for my new Bernina 430. I've been playing ever since, buying fabrics, reading about technique, and dreaming of future projects. I've made a couple of pillow cases and an applique tie t-shirt for my friends little boy. I have begun cutting for Amy Butler, Reversible Sunday Sling (I will share when cutting attacks lessons learned soon once I can get pictures)!

I would love to hear the stories about how you started the love of sewing and what machines you started out on and any tips and tricks I should remember as a new sewer.

Thanks for stopping in, Happy Creations!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hi Jen! Congratulations on your new machine :-). Beautiful dress! I have a 440 :-) and I love it! I started quilting, I wish I knew more about sewing like home dec, when a friend of mine who is a quilter was showing me her quilts and I loved them. My great grandmother quilted but I had never turned on a sewing machine. Kim convinced me to give it a try and the rest is history. LOL!! I went from a Janome to a Bernina 440 to an 820.